- Put your goals into writing. Make a list of your goals. This will serve as your commitment to the goals that you have set. Studies have shown that goals are more motivating when you put them into writing rather than just enumerating them in your mind. When writing your goals, be sure to include your plan of actions and a timeframe.
- Make a daily check of your goals. Assess yourself regularly based on the progress of your goal setting. Evaluate how many you have achieved. Assess yourself if you were able to accomplish your action plans within the timeframe you have set.
- Take action. A goal is nothing but a dream if you do not do something to accomplish it. Based on your assessment, you can either continue or change your present action plans. If one was not effective, then do find other ways on how you can achieve your goals.
- Be motivated. You may want to share your goals with your family or close friends. They can motivate and support you in achieving your goals. They can also help you in your action plans and even remind you whenever you tend to forget the goals you have set.
- Be determined. Always be confident that you can achieve the goals that you have set. However, it is important that you set goals that are realistic and can be achieved on a specific timeframe. If you set unachievable goals, they may only cause you frustrations.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Goal Setting, Your Road to Success
In order to achieve success, you need to set your goals. Goal setting is a very important factor that determines your path to success. Success is determined and measured by the goals you have accomplished. Here are some tips on how you can set and achieve your goals: