Friday, December 28, 2007

I Received Another Scam Email...

Today I received another scam email requesting help to claim and receive the fund left by his / her deceased parents. Below is the email content extracted from my email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Steve and Jane (stevebailey@globo.com)
Abidjan-Cote d'Ivoire

My Dear,

I am delighted to write to you.My name is Steve Bailey 22 while my younger
sister Jane is 20 yrs. We are orphans being that we lost our father a couple
of months ago. My father was a serving director of the Cocoa exporting board
until his death.

He was assassinated last january by the rebels following the political uprising.
Before his death he had a foreign account here in Côte d?Ivoire up to the
tune of $9m (Nine Million United States Dollars) which he told the bank was
for the importation of cocoa processing machine.

Now we have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe
enough outside Cote d'Ivoire for security and political reasons.I want you
to help me and my younger sister claim and receive the funds which will be
transferred to your account to enable you plan for the investment in your
Country I will like to invest part of the money into these three investment
in your Country but, if there is any other business that is better than my
suggestion, I will be very glad to follow your advice.

1) Real estate
2) The transport industry
3) Five star hotel

If you can be of an assistance to us, we are pleased to offer to you 20%
Of the total fund while the balance will be invested by you. Meanwhile my
late father handed over to me the copies of the Bank Deposit Slip and Agreement
issued to him by the Bank.

Please if you are willing to assist us, indicate your interest in replying
soonest.

Thanks and best regards.
Steve and Jane Bailey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watch out for these scam email, lots and lots of people out there have claimed to be cheated by these conman, and lost some big chunk of the money.

Read my previous post for what you should do upon receiving these scam emails.

No comments: