Friday, December 7, 2007

Watch out for Scam Emails !!

This morning I received 3 emails from the same email address (joyce.blaise@yahoo.ca) with the Subject of 'Ad Interest'.

Below is the content of the email:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Joyce Blaise has sent the following message to you:
From Joyce Blaise
Abidjan Cote D` Ivoire
West Africa.
Email:joyce.blaise@yahoo.ca

Dearest,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from Internet where searching for a responsible and humble person who will assist me on this, I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due I was directed by God to do so, I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Joyce Blaise the only daughter of late Mr. and Mrs. James Blaise My Father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory Coast, My Father was poisoned to dearth by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip . My Mother died when I was a baby and since then my Father took me so special. Before the death of my father on January 2004 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of of ten million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD (US$10.5 million) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates.

That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management , I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to .(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 22years. (3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me.

Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God bless.

Best regards,
Joyce Blaise.
Emailaddress: joyce.blaise@yahoo.ca

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It sounds fishy to me. To proof I'm right, I decided to surf the Internet over this lady's name and the location she came from. In Google, I type-in ["Joyce Blaise" "West Africa"].

Here is a snapshot of the search results:




I have verified this in a couple of websites, including:-

1. http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23571
2. http://www.scamwarning.org/2007/11/20/assistance-needed-urgently/
3. http://www.scamomatic.com/


These scammers have come out with numerous variant of the email versions. Watch out for these versions:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: "linda aji" 
To:
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:43 PM
Subject: From Miss Linda.


From Miss Linda Aji
Ivory Coast West Africa

Sir/Madam,

I am miss linda Aji from Ivory Coast and I am contacting you because I need
your help in the management of a sum of money that my dead father left for
me before he died.This money is USD 7.5 million American Dollars and the
money is in a bank here in Abidjan the capital city.

My father was a very rich cocoa farmer and he was poisoned by his business
colleagues and now I want you to stand as my guidian and appointed
beneficiary and receive the money in your country since I am only 21 years
and without mother or father.

Please I will like you to reply to this email so that I will tell you all
the information so that this money will be transferred to you so that you
will get me papers to travel to your country to continue my education there.

I am waiting for your urgent email.

Thanks.

Miss Linda Aji

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: "susan malley" 
To: <emailaddress>
Sent: Saturday, 04 June, 2005 21:27
Subject: proposal

Dearest Good

a thing to write you. I have a proposal for you, this however is not
mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your
will. Your profile pushed me to send you this form of proposal. I am Miss
susan malley, 19 years old and the only daughter of my late parents Mr.
And Mrs. susan malley. My father was a highly reputable business magnet
(Cocoa Merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast Western
region of Africa.

It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one
of his business trips abroad, on 12th February 2002. Though his sudden
death was rather suspected to have been master minded by an uncle of
his, who traveled with him to France, the Almighty God Knows Better. My
mother at the other hand, died when I was just 4 years old and ever since
then, my father has been the only person to have participated in my life.
He was a good father and our bound became very strong and special.
However, before his death, he called his secretary who accompanied him
to the hospital and told him that he has a sum of Eighteen Million United
State Dollars (US$18.000.000.00) left in one of the leading security
company abroad (Europe). He went ahead and issued a written instruction
to his lawyer whom he said is in possession of all of the necessary documents
related to this fund that was sealed and deposited with a trunk box.
I am just 19 years old years old and a university undergraduate and really
do not know what to do. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs
as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory Coast. The death of my
father actually brought sorrow in my life, I have been constantly being
harassed by both his uncles and brothers who are in bid for his fortunes.
I am sending this proposal through my father's secretary who is presently
in Europe to seek for a reputable individual to help and invest this fund.
Again, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in these regards.
Your suggestions and ideas will be highly appreciated as I surely will like
to invest abroad and into a profitable business venture. Furthermore, permit
me to ask these questions. 1. Can I completely trust that you will take me
as your daughter? 2. What percentage of the total amount will be good for
you if you do not wish to participate in my life but do wish to invest the
fund in a good business. 3. What kind of a business venture do you intend
to invest it in? and how profitable is it annually?.

Please consider and get back to me through my email below for further
details. Best regards,

MISS susan malley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things you should do upon receiving scam emails:

- Ignore the emails, don't responde to the emails from scammers.

- Or you can send an email to the scammer saying "A friend told me this is a scam. Do no contact me anymore". It should be sufficient to stop them from contacting you again, however they may attempt to explain why it is not a scam.

- Tell your friends and family about these scams so they are aware of them.

- Report your scammer emails online via The Scammomatic. All scammer email address and emails put into the scammomatic are added to a blacklist which can save others from being scammed.


No comments: