I got this recipe from my office tea lady.
1. Firstly get your half-ripe mangoes (or raw mangoes if you prefer sour and crunchy bites) ready, with of without skin to your own preference. But make sure to wash them thoroughly if you prefer to have them with skin.
2. Cut the mangoes into slices and wash thoroughly before marinate them with salt. Yes, with salt for half an hour.
3. Wash the marinated mango slice thoroughly and drain well.
4. Prepare a clean and dry glass container, make sure you use only glass container as pickle is a kind of fermentation, it will react with plastic.
5. Put a layer of sugar (3 - 4 tablespoon) into the bottom of the container, followed by a layer of the mango slices (about 1 inch height).
6. Continue with a layer of sugar, then a layer of mango slices until you have finished with all the mango slices. Make sure the top layer is always the sugar layer.
7. Close the container properly and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks.
8. You can always add sugar into it if it's too sour, or keep it longer in the fridge will always give you the same result too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.... :)