Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Touching Moments

Standing by the front window waiting for her overdue husband to return from work, she remarked to me, "I think he must be having an affair."

I replied, "You always think the worst. He's probably just had an accident."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A friend and his wife were considering visiting Alaska, a trip the husband had long dreamed of taking. He kept talking about how great it would be to stay in a log cabin without electricity and drive a dog team instead of a car.

"If we decided to live permanently away from civilization, what would you miss the most?" he asked his wife. "You," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was shopping with a friend, she announced that she had found the perfect gift for her husband in the soft furnishing department. I saw that it was a cushion with a message embroidered on it that read: "I sometimes wake up grumpy in the morning. Other times I just let him lie."

No comments: