Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Eczema Care: Dermaveen

I remember sometimes ago, when I were visiting my doctor again for my itching legs which made me awake all night long, he advised me to apply lotion every time after shower, which I hate to. I don't like the greasy feel of lotion / moisturizer on my legs nor my body. I hate the feeling of getting the legs or hands wet after applying those lotion. I just don't like it.

So, the doctor recommended another brand of lotion named 'Dermaveen' to me. According to him, it is not greasy and is easily absorbed by the skin, and above all, it is proven to soothe skin condition that is associated with eczema. I have never heard of this brand before, but I still have about a bottle of Palmers' Cocoa Butter. So, I guess I will try this out when I have finished my cocoa butter.

Palmers' Cocoa butter did clear my eczema few years back, but it seems to lose its effectiveness recently. That was about 5-6 years ago when I was pregnant with my first baby. Eczema flared up on my whole body and the itchiness was getting worse day after day. My gynea recommended me to use Loofah sponge to exfoliate the dead skin cells, and after which after a layer of non-perfumed cocoa butter to lock the moisture. I followed the instructions and it did help. But this time, I'm getting lazy and hate the smell of cocoa butter all over my body. So, maybe it's time for me to switch to Dermaveen!

Some information of Dermaveen (source from TalkEczema):

What is DermaVeen?
DermaVeen is Australia's best selling therapeutic range of skincare products and is ideal for use on the dry, itchy and sensitive skin that is associated with eczema, psoriasis, ichthyosis, rashes and other dry skin conditions.

What is different about DermaVeen?
Dermaveen contains two natural ingredients, colloidal oatmeal and sodium pca. The combination of the two natural ingredients effectively soothes and hydrates even the most sensitive dry skin.

• Colloidal Oatmeal has an anti-itch action that eliminates the sensation of
itch, thus reducing the 'desire to scratch'

• Sodium PCA is the skin's natural moisturiser. It is a very efficient, natural
moisturiser and much more effective at retaining moisture in the skin than
other moisturising agents

DermaVeen is also formulated at pH5 - 6, which is the skins optimum pH. This prevents the skin from drying and helps retain protective oils and moisture

DermaVeen is non greasy and rapidly absorbed into the skin

Is DermaVeen suitable for me / my family?
DermaVeen can be used by all the family, from the youngest, including babies, to the oldest. All products have a low allergic potential as they do not contain any fragrances, colourings or additives.

The range of DermaVeen products as shown below provides effective relief from dry sensitive skin from head to toe.

DermaVeen has become the leading dry skin range in Australia because people have tried it for themselves and found that it works. We have received many testimonials such as the one below, but we prefer you to try DermaVeen and then make your own mind up!

No comments: