If you're keen to look after your face but blanch at the cost of skincare products, you can make cleansers, toners and nourishers from fruits, vegetables and other food stuffs.
Many fruits have a nourishing, revitalising and astringent effect. Some vegetables fight inflammation and contain Vitamin A.
Here are some recipes that you must try:
1. Peel, seed, puree and sieve one-quarter of a small cucumber.
2. Stir two tablespoons of honey into two tablespoons of the juice and add a tablespoon of full-fat milk.
3. Apply to the face and neck for 20 minutes, then wash off with luke-warm water.
Banana Anti-ageing Face Mask
1. Mash a small banana.
2. Stir in two tablespoons of fresh double cream, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of potato flour.
3. Apply for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
Lemon Toning Mask
1. Beat one egg white until stiff.
2. Fold in the juice of half a lemon.
3. Apply to the face for 20 minutes, then wash off.
It's super easy and simple right? And the best part is that you got to save some big chunk of your hard-earned money while still able to radiant and youthful skin. @ wink ;) wink @