Monday, October 20, 2008

My Bolognese Spaghetti with Tuna

I was thinking about cooking bolognese spaghetti yesterday but forgot to buy the minced beef. So, I searched around my kitchen to get some meaty for my spaghetti and there I got a can of tuna in water.

So, I use my creativity to create my own style of bolognese spaghetti with tuna.

Here's the ingredients that I used:

8 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 can of 6 oz. tomato paste
3 tbs of Prego Original Pasta sauce
Half can of sliced button mushroom
1 can of tuna in water / brine
Angel hair pasta (or any other long pasta of your choice)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Black pepper

Steps:
1. Drain the tuna and keep the water for later use. Smash the tuna and mix it with 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic. Set aside.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions - approximately 3.5 minutes for Angel Hair pasta to cook 'al dente'. Thick pasta might take slightly longer dependent on the type of pasta used.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
4. Heat the frying pan with 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium-low heat. Throw in the remaining 4 cloves of choppped garlic. When the garlic turns golden, put in the chopped onion and fry until it soften.
5. Now, add in the sliced button mushrooms and followd by the smashed tuna. Fry for 1 minute before adding the tomato paste and Prego pasta sauce.
6. Turn up the heat to medium and pour in the water from the canned tuna that we keep in the first step. Add in 6 oz. of plain water and stir well.
7. Heat through and mix for approximately 2 minutes. Add in salt to taste.
8. Now serve your pasta with this rich tuna tomato sauce, top with some black pepper (freshly ground black pepper is recommended though).
9. You can also add some Parmesan cheese and dried mixed herb for an extra kick!

Too bad that I forgot to take the picture of this Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna Bolognese sauce that I cooked last night. But trust me, it was damn good. My hubby gave it a thumb-up!

I still have some remaining of the cooked tuna tomato sauce which I refrigerated. I guess it must be consumed within the next 7 days. So, I will post the photo of this pasta the next time I cook it for my hubby, not going to be long though. :)

Stay tuned okay ?

No comments: