Monday, October 13, 2008

Yes, finally my best friend has arrived....

I did a second pregnancy test at a clinic last Friday. If you read my previous post, you should know that my period has delayed for about TWO weeks. I did a home pregnancy test on last Tuesday - it was negative.

My second pregnancy test was done in a clinic - it gave the same results too - NEGATIVE. In puzzled, I asked doctor how accurate is the urine test. "If POSITIVE - it is 100%, but if NEGATIVE - it is not always accurate". Pregnancy urine test is very dependent on the pregnancy hormone (hCG) and it varies from individual. The doctor has advised me to wait for few more days before conducting further pregnancy test, as sometimes it takes at least 14 days for pregnancy hormone to rise to a level that is detectable in urine. So, the third pregnancy test would be today.

I was thinking of getting a pregnancy test kit from pharmacy after work - but know what - IT has come. Yes, finally my period has come. So, I can now save that few bucks for the third pregnancy test.

Arrggh... I am so relieved now.

This is the first time that I am so welcoming my menses... HA HA...

No comments: